UPDATE thanks to Hendrik: Acer has released a new driver pack, which should work for XP.
I got a laptop Acer Travelmate 6592 with ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT. After a few whiles of using Vista I decided to go back to XP and there was a problem with supplied drivers from Acer. There was none that could be used with my XP version…
Therefore after looking for a while and trying different solutions I came up with a one of my own.
Just follow these steps if you have problems:
1. Download and install Driver Pack.
2. It will say it doesn’t recognize the driver, but it will leave its drivers on your hard drive.
3. Go to your device manager.
4. Click on the graphics card not beeing recognised
5. Choose reinstall driver.
6. Click “Install from specific…”.
7. Click “I will choose…”.
8. Choose “Display adapters”.
9. Click “Have a disk”.
10. Point it to the dir where you installed the above file – ending has to be something like “7-9_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_52443\Driver\Driver\XP_INF” and click OK.
11. Search for your video card driver. Trust me it is there.
12. Click yes to continue and ENJOY!
If you have questions, please post in comments.